Sunday 1 May 2011

Loomies Ride-Out

Curiosity got the best of me today.  I've seen links to the Loomies on the Weyhill Riders website along with pictures in the gallery and, as it isn't that far away from home, decided I just had to go there.
Loomies is a family run Café frequented by many many bikers and car drivers on the cross-roads of the A272 and A32 at West Meon in Hampshire and a oft used destination for club bike runs.  The A272 is a cracking bike road but be careful, especially on Bank Holidays, the Police patrol it with great diligence.  In fact it was along this road on a Bank Holiday that I picked up the only points on my licence in 30 years of motoring.  On arrival I had a chat with a lovely lady biker who told me, despite the100-150 bikes in the car park, that today was a quiet day!  The previous week the wasn't room at all in the car park. The staff were very welcoming and, as usual, the biking community made all welcome and I had a great chat over coffee.  If you're ever in the are, drop by.  It's well worth it.


No comments: