Friday 22 April 2011

Life on a bike is good

Good Friday bank holiday and the Old Dragon says 'Why don't you get out on the bike'....gob smacked or what.  I wasn't going to let an opportunity like that pass though so off I went.  Trouble was I didn't have anywhere to go planned so we started with a basic premise that I wanted to see the sea.  Now, living in Hampshire you're fairly spoilt for choice there so I started with a fun road to ride down towards Romsey and Totton.  And there I was at Calshot with a huge grin on my face having had great fun putting into practice riding tips gleaned from my little Brother.

One of the reasons I wanted to return to biking was as a way of escaping and dealing with my stress.  For my sins I have a job that has more than its fair share of that.  So far I have been out on three relatively minor trips all of which have been massively enjoyable and have very effectively taken me away from the daily grind.  I have met some wonderful people, seen some lovely places and always come back with a silly grin.  I am now firmly of the opinion that motorcycling is in fact the greatest leisure activity ever invented and should probably be made available on the NHS....now there's an idea, I quite fancy the job of Minister for Motorcycling !

Calshot on Good Friday...it really was a very good Friday !

No comments: