Friday 13 May 2011

Ride-out to Sammy Miller Motorcycle Museum

Good news, the knee held up and I made it out on the bike.  Hurrah !
It took some thinking about but in the end I decided it was time I visited the Sammy Miller Motorcycle Museum.  The run down through Romsey, Cadnam and Lyndhurst was wonderful.  The sun shone, it was warm enough and for the best part the traffic was light.  It gave me the chance to try out some techniques I read about on Visordown regarding relaxed riding.  It's brilliant, no achy shoulders or wrists and much smoother bike control.
Anyway, back to the museum.  Sammy has put together an amazing collection of bikes dating right back to the beginning of the last century.  There are some stunning examples of legendary marques that I had only previously read about.  There's more modern kit as well.  The scary bit was that I've ridden some of those.  Now that really does make you feel old when you see bikes in a museum that you remember riding.
If you fancy a ride-out through some gorgeous New Forest scenery I can recommend this as a destination.  The collection is fascinating.  Even better the coffee shop is a revelation.  You must try the home made ginger cake.  Outstanding.
Another great day out on the bike !





No comments: