Tuesday 10 May 2011

Stress & MOT's

The MOT was due this month, I hate it when that happens !

This is the first since I got the GSX so was a bit of an unknown quantity...and it failed.  I was not best pleased.  The bike is an import, which I knew, and it turns out it still has the Euro spec headlight.  Now it was a dealer that imported it and I thought they were obliged to change things like headlights if that was the case.  Not to mention the fact that I have a whole bunch of previous MOT pass certificates !  Is there no consistency in these tests any more ?  The other thing was 'excessive travel of the front brake lever'.  Of course had the tester just changed the span adjuster he would have found out there was no such thing.  Is it me or is there a lack of common sense amongst officialdom.

Anyway, enough ranting.  All sorted now and a day off on Friday.  Just got to decide where to go.  Maybe a visit to little brother up around Silverstone, or shall I go see the sea ?  Decisions decisions, why is life never easy.

No comments: