Saturday 9 April 2011

Easy Rider !

Victory Hammer
In my time I have had the good fortune to ride many different types of bikes.  I've ridden sports bikes, street fighters, naked bikes, touring types and adventure bikes (what we used to call trailies) but I've never ridden cruisers.  Until last week that is when I was offered a quick blast on a 2011 Victory Hammer.

Wow, what a bike.  I had worried on my return to biking I would return to my wilder inclinations to 'ride it like I stole it' tendencies of my earlier days.  I pleased to say that hasn't been the case but there is still a temptation to make relatively rapid progress.  However, the Victory cures all that.  The feet forward relaxed and supremely comfortable seat encourages biking at a far more leisurely pace.  The gorgeous 106ci V twin engine (that's 1731cc in metric) lopes along making the most wonderful music and you just watch the world pass by.  I could really get used to this, a whole new biking experience opens up before me and I finally get the whole Harley thing.  The Victory is in a different league though so far as quality engineering is concerned which is also something very appealing to me.  I need one, just got to convince the old dragon now !

No comments: